Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Lightening Show was Awesome...

" Oh, the brave music of a distant drum!"
- Omar Khayyám

= = = = =

Project 365- a Photo a Day!



= = = = =

Haiku Wednesday- meditate


Tempest

quiet meditation
motionless self harmony
cleansing teardrops fall

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-16-2011

= = = = =

Acrostics Only

Preach

Praises
Raised
Enthusiastically
All
Commandments
Hollered!

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-16-2011


= = = = =



The Sunday Whirl- Wordle #30
We Write Poems - Prompt #80

Pamela Sayers asked us to gather a minimum of twelve words, then write little snapshots in response to each word. Each small “poemlet” could stand on its’ own or perhaps have some relationship to the rest... as usual I have combined a few meme's to write what my heart and soul believed in..


A Dozen Thoughts

what impetus moves the bees
diligently.. sweetly

justifiable vindication..declared
my middle finger stands..

eloquent words sputtered
the Holy Book pounding the podium

no solace for the sinners
no cuddles for me

friendship swivels
on a tightrope with no balance

motionless I stand
but the chirping birds pass me by

pretty pink coral smoothed
deep in my blue jean pocket

rapidly the world spins on
no worries no worries man

point at your brother
homeless needy despairing

stand tall Samaritan
your strength is in the weary

the cleaning lady giggles
effortlessly attracting consideration

Ahhh... Another lunch hour has escaped me
while I was giving my life some thought

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-16-2011


3 Word Wednesday- impetus / solace / vindication
Weekend Wordsmith- Lunch

= = = = =

Thanks for stopping by.. I welcome both comments and followers.. 
Have a great day!
Patsy

6 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

If you can get teardrops after a tempest, then I'd say your meditation was successful!

Color Me Breathless

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your meditative haiku very much.

Laurie Kolp said...

I especially like the haiku!

Yousei Hime said...

Each of those cameos is rich in detail. Enjoyed reading thru them all.

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Teardrops can be cleansing, and that's what meditation is all about, yes? Well said!

Anonymous said...

The twelve thoughs made me cry. Some of the thoughts I thought I might have recognized. And so I read it several times...and cried. Yeah - it doesn't fix anything, I know. But it sometimes is just something to do. I love ya, Boss!