Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday Morning I Welcome the Rain.....

 " Fire is the reuniting of matter with oxygen. If one bears that in mind, every blaze may be seen
as a reunion, an occasion of chemical joy. " ~ Tom Robbins

" It is not violence that best overcomes hate — nor vengeance that most certainly heals injury. "
 ~  Charlotte Brontë
 
 " A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent
doing nothing. " ~ George Bernard Shaw

* * * * *
 
Project 365- A Photo Every Day-
 
 
 




Turks Cap
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
* * * * *
 
Saturday Centus- Before I die....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Before...
 
Before I die
I want to
climb the mountain..
walk the wall..
forgive the man..
and last of all
free fall!
 
Written By Patricia Sawyer
7-23-2011
 
* * * * *
 
Weekend Wordsmith- inferno
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Inferno


Intense incineration
No Way to escape
Fierce flames surround me
Everlasting embers
Rain upon my soul
Netherworlds nightmare
Only God can help me now...

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-24-2011











* * * * *

Made Kane's Limerick~Offs


 
 
 
 
 
Never More


a woman I tried to ignore
continued to pound on my door
a red brick in my hand
I made one final stand
she pounds on MY door never more

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-26-2011

* * * * *

Haiku Heights #53-

Evening Prayers

summer sun sets with
lavender and gold streaked skies
distant Church bells chime


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-26-2011

Sunday Scribblings #277- Distant

* * * * *

One Single Impression #178

Needs

dolls and birds
of every hue..

plants and dogs
I like them too..

friends who laugh
and talk me blue

but most of all
what I need is YOU!

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-24-2011

* * * * * * * * * *

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I hope that you enjoyed your visit with me today..
I welcome comments and followers.. Have a great day
Patsy

13 comments:

Christine said...

Nice quotes, good centus, you've been busy.

la fille said...

I like your writing, very pretty.

PremI said...

Cute!:)

Deborah said...

Great quotes Patsy! My husband writes too...you may like his writings too...here is his link...
http://ncbeachcomber.wordpress.com/

The Poet said...

Very clever uses of the prompts.
I like the quote by George Bernard Shaw.

Loved the "lavender and gold streaked skies" in your Haiku

Nicely done!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I can hear those distant church bells chiming.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

What a wonderful collection of poems! And thanks so much for your fun contribution to this week's Limerick-Off! I hope you'll be a regular participant!

Vinay Leo R. said...

I like that imagery in your haiku :) Loved it!

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Nicely put. Hope your dreams come true.

Melanie

Jenny said...

Patricia. I really enjoyed this entire post. Your quotations are always fabulous.

And your little gem for SC! Perfect as always.

Thanks for linking.

Viki said...

All great things to do before one dies. Love all of them.

Cheryl said...

Nice job on the Centus as well as all the weekly memes. I especially like your haiku.

Nonna said...

Wow, great writing...I enjoyed every one !!!