Friday, July 29, 2011

Just a poem or two..

" Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go. " ~ Truman Capote

* * * * *

Project 365- a photo every day...



















Penny Candy


soda bottle hide and seek
plus a dollar every week

what did I buy you want to know
well listen close cause here I go

root beer barrels.. chewy sprees
bazooka gum and jujubes

Laffy Taffy.. Charleston chew
lemon drops and long boy blue

squirrel nut zippers.. Mary Jane
chocolate drops and candy cane

sugar daddies.. babies too
caramels to name a few

fruit in slices or in rings
chic-o-stick and licorice strings

charms and chicklets.. dumdum sucker
apple heads your lips to pucker

hot tamales.. almond joy
cookies too .. like chips ahoy

jolly rancher.. tootsie roll
life saver candy with a hole

slo poke.. slap stix.. pixy straws
fireballs hot will give you pause

big jaw breakers.. zero bar
ginger snaps pulled from a jar

jelly beans and one black cow
bottle caps to eat right now

sweet tarts.. baked beans.. Jr. mint
penny candy heaven sent

milk duds and a bit of honey
that is how I spent my money

I loved my uncle's country store
but I loved candy even more...

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-29-2011

* * * * *

Celebration


airplanes landed all afternoon
dignitaries on board..
practicing their fake smile

hammers on the new roof
you raced with daylight.. and the next storm..
our date forgotten

a test of the cannons scared me
and the other chickens..
we all crowed

darkness fell slowly
held at bay by the throngs..
gathering gossip for tomorrow

with the first flash high in the sky
eruptions of Oh's and Ah's turned
into loud cheers and clapping

with the jubilation of strangers echoing
through the night..
we joined hands in celebration....

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-3-2011

* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by.. I welcome both comments and followers..
Have a great day!
Patsy

2 comments:

Linda said...

Patsy, you are a trip! I love a poem that doesn't take itself too seriously! I'm a sweet tarts girl myself...

Rose Clearfield said...

I really like this photo! Great perspective.