Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day..

"Getting an inch of snow is like winning 10 cents in the lottery."
~ Bill Watterson

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
~ John Ruskin

"The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love."
~ Margaret Atwood

# # # # # # # # # #

We have had a rare couple of days with snow and Ice.. mostly ice in my own yard..
Dave convinced me to go for a ride with him.. I held on white knuckled as he slipped and slid along the roads..
.. Staying in the ruts was the only way to stay on the road.. we saw a deputy slide right into the ditch..

~ The road less travelled...

- One of my young pine trees..

~ Grandma's old rose bush encased in ice..

~ a horse in a coat..
~ I love all the patterns and designs the ice makes on everyday items such as these posts..
Though it is still very cold.. it did warm up enough today to melt all of the ice and what little snow there was.. thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I welcome both comments and followers.. Have a wonderful day!
Patsy


No comments: