Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday with Downpours and Walks In the Rain..

"I love any and all situations where you celebrate creativity."
~ Brad Paisley

"People wish to be poets more than they wish to write poetry, and that's a mistake. One should wish to celebrate more than one wishes to be celebrated."
~ Lucille Clifton

"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
~ Plautus

**************************
Haiku Heights #10~ Sacred

"tierra bendita" (holy dirt)


sacred shifting sands
healing all true believers~
priest shoulders sandbags

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-26-2010

*****************************

.. a walk in the rain.. Veterans Park..

Weekly Winners..~ ..



... The Tank.... ~

~ Markers for those who have

died in the war on terror...


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I welcome comments and followers!... I hope you have a wonderful day..
Patsy

10 comments:

Jac said...

Your shots are absolutely beautiful.

that last shot, with the dog tags, it takes my breath away.

Bridget said...

Oof. Simultaneously heart-warming and heart-breaking.

Denise said...

Oh those dog tags made my heart break... what beautiful photos.

Jenny said...

I miss walking in the rain. Thanks for letting me tag along. The dog tag picture was incredibly moving.

The Write Girl said...

Beautiful tribute and photos...lovely haiku as well. Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo's. Thanks for sharing.

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Lovely Haiku and photo. I makes me think of the flow of time.


Melanie

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

beautiful perspective.

Vinay Leo R. said...

a very different haiku here, Patricia! :)

Pblacksaw said...

Leo- in New Mexico there is a Church built over a hole.. I went there and stood in a long line to get some holy dirt.. they only allow small amounts per person.. the path to and all the areas around place is full of wheel chairs and crutches and crosses of all kinds and sizes.. a man ther laughingly told us thast the priest re-filled the hole every night.. I looked it up later and they do indeed re-fill the hole.. the ground there is supposed to be healing..

Jingle~ I am often squatted or laying on the ground or in this case a tank to make a picture..

Cassiopeia Rises~ the flow of time.. ahh what a wonderful idea.. thanks for your visit..

Missy~ I am glad you enjoyed your visit to my world! Thanks!

The Write Girl~ having lost a few people who I personally knew in the war on terror I love to give them tribute any time I can.. I wanted to see the area in the rain..

Bridgett~ Denise~ Jenny~ Jac~ every time I see the dog tags I feel full of emotion..and almost overwhelmed..

Thanks top all of you who visited here today.. Have a wonderful day!
Patsy