Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday.. Hot and dry.. but Perfect for Chicken Trading...

“A secret between two is God's secret, between three is all men's.”
~ Spanish Proverb

"Poetry: three mismatched shoes at the entrance of a dark alley."
~ Charles Simic

“Three quarters of the miseries and misunderstandings in the world would finish if people were to put on the shoes of their adversaries and understood their points of view” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

# # # # # # # # # # # #

- Rambles from the shambles.. of my weary old mind.. .. Welcome to my blog.. Today is Thursday and I always share three things with you on Thursdays.. Some times I even give you something extra.. a bonus I guess you could say... today we'll count the rambles as a bonus.. ~


Today has been hotter than blazes here in my world.. Dave and went on a wonderful Photography ride.. he even stopped dead still and waited patiently as I made photos of a few places.. I guess he wasn't afraid of being shot for photographing hay... I do admit to taking him into some sticky places looking for a photo.. He must love me a lot.. though it was hot as the dickens.. the afternoon passed quickly in the company of an old friend.. a new friend.. and a lively conversation about our chickens.. I hope your day was as much fun as mine... and Now on to three things...

# # # # # # # # # # # #




#1~ Haiku Heights Prompt -#3- Field...

~ The Field ~

pungent winter feed
graces the field with beauty~
a field mouse burrows

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
8-12-2010


* My first try at this new Meme.. I like haiku though.. so I know I will like this..

# # # # # # # # # # # #

#2- What Is IT??- I used to do what is it every Tuesday.. then people quit guessing and I thought everyone had grown tired of the game.. lately I have had a number of folks ask me when I was going to start it back.. The very last post of what is it only brought one comment here but I did have e-mails and face to face questions about it.. I have not posted the answer to that puzzle yet since I may use it again.. Please do comment if you have a guess..

~ What is IT..?? I am pretty sure someone out there knows what this is.. Is that someone you?? Though I haven't decided what.. yet and I can promise you it will be a small token.. I plan to begin giving a prize to the first person who gets the right answer.. I am sure many of you have seen this thing.. It is much more common than it used to be.. Please do comment with a guess.. even a wrong guess lets me know you are interested in the game.. I will be up-dating with the correct answer in a day or so.. or as soon as someone guesses it.. In the event that more than one person gets it right.. the first comment posted here will win the small prize... I can.. right off the top of my head think of at least two people who should recognize this... to comment here if you never have before.. just click on the word comment at the end of this post.. under the comment box it will ask who you wish to comment as.. you may choose anonymous.. if You choose.. that option.. please end the comment with your own name.. That way I will know who got it right!!.. Then check back to see if you won.. I know someone out there has already figured out exactly what this is.. Go ahead and Make your guess.... Good Luck!

# # # # # # # # # #

#3- an Etheree~



My Flock

Pink
plastic
flamingos
decorate yards.
Old ladies love them.
Children bubble with glee
and clap their hands at the sight.
I use them as markers for graves
where I plant my foes in my back yard.
My flamingo flock now twenty birds strong.
Beautiful flock in waves of bright pink plastic
growing by leaps and bounds as my foes disappear.

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-20-2009

# # # # # # # # # # # #

Now.. in closing.. let me say that there are no bodies buried in my back yard.. I do have a few flamingos here and there but they aren't hiding any secrets.. that I know of anyway.. there could be a fat rat snake or a spider hiding there but that's not anything to do with me.. the bugs and snakes here do as they please... The Flock Poem was written from a prompt that we were given at a writers meeting.. after several people offered words it was decided that we were to write about pink flamingo markers... and my etheree just jumped right off of the end of my pen.. spilled itself right onto my paper.. I just know that I will get at least one message or e-mail about this poem.. so be assured that it is just a made up poem..

I thank you for visiting my world today.. I am so glad you stopped by my blog.. I hope that while you were here your interest was caught and that maybe you even smiled... and If you laughed.. well that was grand!! I am honored by your visit.. Please leave me a comment.. and do try to give the guessing game a try.. who knows.. you might win.. Have a wonderful day!
Patsy

2 comments:

gabrielle said...

First time visitor to your blog. Enjoyed your haiku and your musings! Funny, I also imagined a mouse in a field but never completed the ku. So happy to find yours.

My guess: upholstery innards???

Pblacksaw said...

Gabrielle.. great guess.. and actually it is sorta innards.. but not upholstery.. try again.. thanks for stopping by!
Patsy