Thursday, August 26, 2010

Three for Thursday!.. Haiku.. a Poem.. and What is It?

"Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance."
~ Author Unknown

"Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie ~ Which we ascribe to heaven."
~William Shakespeare

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." ~David Brinkley

**********************
Each Thursday I try to share three things with you.. Today is Thursday and I hope you will enjoy today's three things.. here we go..

Update~
~ this weeks What Is It? was guessed Correctly by Andy Thompson.. The what is it photo is of a tremolo spring in an Electric Guitar.. Most people call it the Whammy Spring.. These photos show the guitar and the location of the spring.. thanks to everyone who played.. Keep your eye out for the next what is it.. Have a great day!
Patsy


#1- What is it? ~~ Do you have any idea what this is? Last week I made It easy for everyone by posting a photo of a mop.. This week will not be so easy... I had a little help this week finding something for you to guess. Dave actually suggested this..
~ I guess you could say this what is it.. belongs to him.. have you ever seen one of these before? Do you know what this is.. or what this is used for.. maybe it is even a part of something bigger.. what do you think it is?? Please make a guess and leave me a comment with what you think.. The first person to guess the right answer will win a small prize.. I think someone out there has seen this or maybe one like it.. I am pretty sure that someone out there will know what this item is.. Is that someone you? Good luck..


***********************
#2~ Haiku-


Storm Chasers

cameras clicking
a twisting path we follow~
devastation dawns

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-18-2010

*************************

#3~ a Poem

Kneel and Pray~


Follow as they crawl along
Sing oh sing their sleeping song

Every night kneel and pray
Thank you God for this fine day..

Soon a child will run and jump
You kiss and cuddle each new bump

Every Night kneel and pray
Lord be with me every day..

Then as teens they drive you mad
Teens are silly.. angry.. sad

Every night kneel and pray
Lord walk with them on their way..

Each must choose the path they take
our own mistakes we each must make

Every Night kneel and pray
For God walks with you all the way!

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
8-23-2010
****
Thanks for stopping in for a visit to my world today.. I hope you enjoyed you visit.. I hope that while here you found something to encourage you or make you smile.. I welcome comments.. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Patsy

7 comments:

Melody said...

Kneel and Pray every night - we definitely need to do that more. I think the "What Is It" is a set of springs under a recliner.

mott said...

Andy says its either a tremelo spring from a guitar or a reverb spring from an amp. Is he right?

Pblacksaw said...

It is a Tremelo spring.. Daves actually calls it a whammy but he says ANDY is right..Good Job!! Love ya!
Me

Jena Isle said...

I love the poem Patricia. It speaks of faith, especially these lines, "each must choose the path they take, our own mistakes we each must make."

As for the picture, I guess it is a part of the belfry which makes it functional....lol...

Take care.

John | English Wilderness said...

Aw, I'm too late! I would've guessed wrong anyway though :-)

Annie said...

Patsy,
I was looking at your Trek Pay ad. Can you tell me if it is working for you before I try it? Anything I need to know?
Thanks for any input.

Pblacksaw said...

melody~ Sorry but it wasn't a recliner.. good guess though..

Jena ~I do feel that we each must make our own choices..

John~ Thanks for stopping by.. maybe next time you can guess..

Annie~ I haven't really worked at it yet.. because of so many things going on.. you get points for clicking adds.. they are good at giving you the points as soon as you click so that's working.. I haven't earned any money yet though.. all of these things take a million years to earn..

Thanks to everyone for coming by..
Patsy