Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday...Writing Poems.. Club Meeting Fellowship.. Hot as Usual..

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard

"Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better."
~ Robert Redford

"Architecture is inhabited sculpture."
~ Constantin Brancusi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Moody Monday~ Brmm.. Brmm!

~ Emily and I spotted this awesome ride in the Parking lot when we left the store after shopping for school supplies.. I thought the driver must be something special.. I was imagining black leather and good looks.. Emily said he was probably an old fart.. He was not.. he was a young.. and very dirty.. smelly fart.. he snarled at me as he walked up.. I didn't know if it was because I was near his bike or if it was just because..I hurried away from his rude snarl and the nasty smell of body odor... But he still had this awesome ride!!


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Three Word Wednesday~ ( yes I know it's Monday!)

~ ~ grimace, phase, stumble~


Parenthood

the stubborn grimace
just another teen age phase~
I stumble along...

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
8-23-2010


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gold Rush ~ (ABC~ poem)

Able bodies come..
dig .. excavate.. find gold..
how I jumped..keep looking..
mercy.. Nothing!..
ore... picks..quick rising
settlements.. tents.. Unbelievable..
Vigilantes.. Worries... xenophobic..
yelling zestfully..

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
8-23-2010


*xenophobic ~ fear or hatred towards foreigners, foreign countries, or anything foreign to your everyday life...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Saturday Centus.. ( and yes I still know it's Monday..)

Exactly 100 words, first person, fact or fiction...
What I did over my Summer Vacation ..



What I Did Over My Summer Vacation

I chopped and hoed and planted seed
... dug a swimming hole
I picked and shucked and canned the corn
.... killed an ugly mole..
I read some books then read some more..
.... climbed up the old pine trees
I fell right down and hit the ground
.... Skinning both my knees....
I played a song .. and danced a spell
... on Grandma's metal drum
and though she tried to look away
... I heard my sister hum..
Now that it's time for back to School..
... I hate to hear them say..
Now write some words that tell us how
...you spent the holiday!

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
8-23-2010

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know you are wondering why I have things from other days on here on Monday.. I am fully aware what day it is.. Sometimes I just run out of time. or space.. or steam and I have things that just don't make it on when they are supposed to.. My computer was trying to make me angry most of the week end and finally I gave up on it.. then this morning after a restart it pretended it was brand new again.. I quit trying to understand.. Hopefully the folks who give us these prompts won't mind.. as long as I don't make a habit of being peculiar...

Today was hot as could be.. I wanted rain and I didn't want rain.. I was excited that I might actually ..if nothing happened and no visitors showed up.. make it to my poetry group meeting.. having been a missing person there for almost five months I hoped they would remember me.. Diane.. the treasurer has been keeping me up on everything.. she sent me every month's assignments.. I worked all day to be sure that I had everything written and printed and all words spelled correctly.. I have missed the group and the fellowship there.. I was ready and raring to be off at five forty five.. I would be a few minutes earlier than the six o'clock starting time... but I couldn't wait any longer.. I had to go! I was glad to see my friends.. I am pretty sure they were glad to see me too... we each read a few poems and then I read some more of the ones I wrote while I was missing in action.. we praised and encouraged each other and laughed together.. I left there with a renewed spirit.. Fellowship does that for a person...

I also tried something new today.. I have heard others speak of the ABC poem.. I wrote two today as a new challenge for myself.. I have included one here.. Gold Rush.. it was fun to write but harder than it looks.. I will confess to cheating just a tiny bit.. I had to come up with an X word.. thankfully the Internet has lists with definitions.. after all you couldn't just stick any old X word in there.. it needs to make some sense..

I like to give myself challenges.. I could write a haiku every day.. In fact I don't miss very many days doing just that.. but I want to keep learning new forms of poetry and new ways to write.. even just a new word is better than nothing at all... Do you try new things? do you challenge yourself to do more.. try harder.. accomplish something new.. I hope you do.. try to learn something new everyday.. encourage yourself and others.. surround yourself with people who make you laugh and whose company you enjoy..

I thank you for stopping by my blog today.. I welcome comments..
Have a wonderful day!
Patsy

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Sometimes great rides comes with great jerks!

Pblacksaw said...

Mike~ very true.. Thanks for stopping by!
Patsy

Jenny said...

Patsy, I loved this poem. I really liked the lyrical meter of it. Such imagery.

You have quite a way with words. Are you entering these in writing contests?

Thanks for linking to Saturday Centus. You always have the whole week. Often I do mine on Friday night.