Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Week End for Words..

"A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it."
~ Frank Howard Clark

"A baby is God's opinion that life should go on."
~ Carl Sandburg

"A baby changes your dinner party conversation from politics to poops."
~ Maurice Johnstone

=======================

~ Weekend Wordsmith is a blog spot.. for those of us who would be writers.. to pick up the Prompt of the Week as a challenge to write-write-write! If the word prompt tickles our fancy... we are asked to write about it on our own blog and then post a link to it in a comment on the Wordsmith blog.. others who visit there will then visit you and read your words.. The word of this week-end is Baby~

My parents had a lot of babies of their own and then took care of a million more that belonged to other people.. both in day care and in foster care.. .. the one MY Mom carries in this photo is me!

The word Baby did indeed tickle my fancy and I have posted three of the Haiku I wrote while thinking about babies.. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I hope you enjoy my words.. Have a wonderful Day!
Patsy



Baby

tiniest nestling
bringing thunder to my heart~
must you poop again?

Written by: Patricia Sawyer
6-11-2010

=======================

Time for a Change

messy at midnight
wails call me from sandman's realm~
I welcome the change

Written By: Patricia sawyer
6-11-2010

=======================

The Old Chair

reflections of joy
beckon my heart gently home~
pure love rests rocking

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
6-11-2010

=========================











6 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

A lovely picture...

And cool haikus:)

Unknown said...

I love your new layout and color scheme!

Cheers,
James

Steve said...

The new theme looks great. Happy Flag Day!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ahh, I remember Time for a Change. And really like that first line. Messy Midnight.

You packed a lot into that.

Big Time said...

She had her hands full in that picture. Not just with you my dear. Love you! Reuben

Pblacksaw said...

Just someone~ I adore the old pictures..

James Macadam~ Me too! thanks!

Steve~ Thanks.. and Happy Flag day to you as well..

Susan Helene Gottfried~ I well remember those stinky midnights.. one of my three liked the midnight hour the best for that..lol..

Bigtime~ I expect I became a handfull later.. I love you too..

Thanks to all who visited my blog today! Hope you have a great day!!
Patsy