Thursday, June 10, 2010

Three Things for Thursday!

"Better three hours too soon than a minute too late."
~ William Shakespeare

"Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men." ~ Confucius

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
~ Will Rogers


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#1~


The Thursday Thunks questions for this week are brought to you by Berleen, the color of her rocking tan and the number 45.


# 1 ~ Driver's Ed. Demon #1 is taking it right now. Did you pass your driver's test the first time you took it? ~ No I didn't. the tie rod end fell off of my car throwing me and the tester in a deep ditch.. next time I went he ditched out the back door..

# 2-You are sitting outside on your deck in your comfy lawn chair, feet are up and the temp outside is perfect. There are no bugs to bite you and ruin the night... it's peaceful and all you can hear is the birds singing and an occasional cricket. Whats in your hand? ~ which hand? What night of the week is it? can I have more than one thing?... wait.. do birds sing at night???

# 3 - How many graduation parties and weddings do you have to attend this summer? OK.. how many are you invited to? ~ Well Emily married Luke and I had to go to that one.. being she is my daughter who I love... I was invited to two graduations but not to parties.. I hate shopping for people.. I always give graduates money..

# 4- There is no other choice in the matter - you must transform into a different race, but the catch is that you get to pick which race. What will you now be? ~ first of all.. I don't like this question.. but to be fair.. I'll choose.. I'll be Thai like my very longest time best friend..

# 5 - Bud is walking along a beach barefooted and steps on a piece of glass buried deep in the sand. His foot is bleeding... does he cry, swear or stomp around on his other foot?
~ The Bud I know would do all three!

# 6 - I'm gonna take you fishing... are you going to be a whiny baby and not bait your own hook and when you catch a fish am I gonna have to take it off the hook for you? ~ Please do NOT touch my Pole!!!!

# 7- Hamburger buns - sesame seeds or not? ~ Not

#8- From Demon #1: Whats your favorite flavor of water? ~ I really like my water coffee flavored... but clean flavored is nice too..

# 9 - Eclipse is coming out this month... are you going to see it? ~ I might if I don't forget.. I'll write it down..



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#2~Thursday Challenge is a place for photographic fun and learning. A theme is announced on their site each week. You may either take a new photograph related in some way to the theme or select one that you have taken previously; Then submit your single permanent link there.. The theme for this week is.. "URBAN" (Buildings, Traffic, Graffiti, Signs, People,...)



Street performers... that has got to be the tallest
uni-cycle I have ever seen!



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


#3~ A Poem - this poem was written for a contest.. we were asked to read a poem called "Did Not" and then were asked to write our own poem on what the one we read made us think of..


Not US!! NO WAY!

the silvery shivers were something new
I hoped and wondered if you felt it too
there were so many words I wanted to say
and then I heard.. Not US! NO WAY!

you kissed my lips and held my hand
I wanted to claim you and move on with my plan
I prayed "I love you" is what you would say
but instead you uttered Not US! NO WAY!

be my best friend you asked with a smile
never seeing my evil plot to beguile
and make a trip up the aisle some day
as everyone screams NOT THEM! NO WAY!

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
6-7-2010

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I welcome comments!.. They help me to know who has visited me and let me know when people have enjoyed their visit..Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful night!
Patsy

No comments: