Thursday, June 3, 2010

One ... Two.. Three.....

"Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." ~ David Lloyd George

"If you don't leap, you'll never know what it's like to fly." ~ Guy Finley

"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it destination full of hope." ~ Maya Angelou


# One.....Thursday Challenge is a place for photographic fun and learning. A theme is announced on their site each week. You may either take a new photograph related in some way to the theme or select one that you have taken previously; Then submit your single permanent link there: Please visit the sites of others who are contributing.. I personally love traipsing around enjoying the photo's of others..

The challenge of today is ~ "FAMILY" (Moms, Dads, Kids, Relatives, People, Animals, Vacations, Weddings,...)
I have chosen a few of my favorites to share.. please enjoy!
Dave has a tiny family.. He has one sister.. Donna.. and One Aunt... Ruth.. and four cousins on That side.. His Mom's family we don't know about.. we would love to find them someday.. but Lord have mercy did he fall in with a big crowd when he married me!!
. Family can see you through the darkest times.. they will even hold your hand as a crowd of you run through the woods.. for my readers who aren't family.. can you guess which child is me?? Two of the girls are my sisters.. two are first cousins and then there is Jimmy.. if you are a long time reader of mine.. you know who Jimmy is.. and there am I.. guess if you will..
I have always loved hosting parties.. I always always always had some crazy games cooked up.. and my wonderful family will fall right in with it.. from finding bubblegum in the bottom of a paper plate to fishing in a soup can.. we have done it all as a game.. I love my family.. each and every one of them is different and special in their own way..
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
#Two....... ~ A haiku~



A Woman Scorned

dry summer winds dance
dusting bridesmaids gowns russet
vixen sister laughs

written by: Patricia Sawyer
1-25-2010


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


# Three... ~ And now... finally.. I have a question?.. well actually a couple of them.. What is the coolest thing any one ever gave you?.. Was it expensive?.. what made it so cool to you? Please take a second to answer with a comment.. I ask because people are always giving Dave stuff.. the regular old guy stuff like broke lawn mowers and pipes that fit nothing.. but then he also has folks giving him stuff like a bronco and a jeep that he swore he couldn't take for nothing.. he paid a quarter for it.. he drives it every day.. he drove the bronco till one afternoon when the mud bogging called a little too loud...

People give me stuff sometimes too.. plants and seeds which I dearly love.. Deb and Barefoot both gave me birds.. thanks guys for the guys.. Oh yea and shoes.. people always bring me boxes and bags of shoes.. how often do I wear shoes?.. But the thing is.. I love shoes.. I just don't buy or wear them unless I have too.. people give me dolls and I will take some now so if you have dolls let me know.. I will take them out of your way.. But for all that people give me.. no one has ever given me anything like what someone gave Dave yesterday.. Yesterday a man from his job gave Dave a 1973 Minnie Winnie.. It is his new project.. he has been down to where it was parked a few times and yesterday he drove her home.. he even invited me to ride along.. I think I could drive her.. I know I could live for a long period of time in there.. I could be ready to ride at a moments notice!.. For those of you who don't have a clue.. it is a small Camper that you can drive.. It is also one of the most sought after vintage motor homes there is.. How cool is that?

Now... ~ I wonder if I could get Dave to give her to me???...
Thanks for stopping by my blog tonight.. I hope you enjoyed your visit!.. Have a great Night!!
Patsy

No comments: