Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Just Another Day!?!

"Love thy neighbour as yourself, but choose your neighbourhood."
~ Louise Beal

"We see what we believe rather than believe what we see."
~ Alan Watts

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
~ Voltaire


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This week has started out rather slowly.. waking up this morning I was sure that this week has already been three months long.. by my figuring it should be August or September by now and it's only Tuesday!! I wonder why time does that to us some days.. It's as if it stops and lets us stew in our own juices for a few hours or even sometimes days.. and even stranger is the fact that even though today was three years long.. I haven't had enough time to accomplish any of the things I needed to do.. Maybe I am moving in slow motion to match the days?... Thankfully I did find time.. in between dog walking and laundry.. to write a few words..
~ A Picture is worth a thousand words.. or so we have been told.. this meme is one of my Favorites.. I am hoping that they will be back in the swing of things soon with new photo prompts.. but in the meantime they have a lot of great prompts in their Archives.. Today I wrote a haiku from one of their prompts.... I love this great photo by PJOnori... as I looked at the man in the photo I wondered what troubles held him still on the polished pew.. what burdens caused him to seek
refuge there?.. were his silent prayers answered?....


Lost in Thought
silently sitting
pleading prayers unspoken
palms kneed sycamore

written By: Patricia Sawyer
6-22-2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have also been learning to write another type of poem.. I am always amazed that there are so many different types.. I am always searching to try to find a new type to share with my poetry club.. These are really very simple to write.. I am talking about a Sentu.. A Syntu is a special type of short poem that originated in Japan... Syntus are special to me because they are written about the earth. I love the earth and complain loudly about all the things mankind does that harms it.. I am planning to challenge each member of the poetry club to write their own "earth poem".. As with most poetry.. There are certain rules for writing a syntu. Writing such a poem is one way of describing something and telling your feelings about it. Syntus have 5 lines and the following are the rules for writing each line:

Line 1. One word only- the name of the geological feature you are writing about.
Line 2. A scientific observation about line 1, using only one of your senses (sight, touch, hearing, taste, smell).
Line 3. A thought, feeling, or evaluation about line 1.
Line 4. Another observation about line 1, using a different sense from the one you used in line 2.
Line 5. A one-word meaning for line 1.
Though I have just began to learn about these special poems I have written a few.. These are my own Sentu...

vacation~

ocean
crashing waves crest untamed
mysterious, tumultuous, inspiring, vast
barefoot footprints, castle, relaxed peace
sea

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
6-15-2010

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

salt marsh~

marsh
hear the rattle of the clapper rail
buffer of strong seas
grassy refuge of the great egret
wetlands

written by: Patricia Sawyer
6-15-2010


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Underground~

cave
dark tunnels
formations of magnitude and beauty
voices echo
grotto

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
6-15-2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog today! Feel free to leave me a comment .. Have a wonderful day!
Patsy



No comments: