Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's a Thunderous Thursday!

"I have forced myself to begin writing when I've been utterly exhausted, when I've felt my soul as thin as a playing card ... and somehow the activity of writing changes everything." ~ Joyce Carol Oates

"You and I know that there is a correlation between the creative and the screwball. So we must suffer the screwball gladly." ~ Kingman Brewster Jr.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
~ C. S. Lewis

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Today is Thursday.. the day of the week that I share three things with my readers.. welcome to my blog today! .. I Sit listening to the thunderous roar of a storm that rides a hot wind closer and closer to us.. I am keeping a wary eye on the wind that whips the huge old trees in my yard this way and that.. I would hate for any of them to fall.. not only would I hate to be without their shade but I am very aware that they might crush this old Trailer that I call home.. We have been very lucky so far with these old oak trees... all around us many of the neighbor's trees have toppled in the last few years.. we have had limbs as big around as me to fall.. booming as they slammed into the ground.. but so far.. ( said with fingers crossed!) our trees have remained standing.. I am not afraid of storms.. in fact I enjoy them most of the time.. I have been known to venture out into a raging storm to get a dog and bring him into the house or to make sure windows were rolled up or even to drag drenched clothes from a line.. for many years I had an old rocker on the porch and would go there as soon as I had an idea that a storm was coming.. But today I will be keeping an eye out for the wind in my big trees.. the trees are old.. a few weeks ago a limb fell that could have smashed a person.. we know that we will have to have the trees took down someday.. But Lord I don't want to.. so I'll say a prayer for safe passage through the storm.. and watch from the window as the much needed rain falls from the roaring sky!.. Now.. on to the three things!

#1-"METALLIC"

Thursday Challenge is a place for photographic fun and learning. A theme is announced on their site each week. You may either take a new photograph related in some way to the theme or select one that you have taken previously; Then submit your single permanent link there:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


#2-
Wordless is now open any time any day..for your posting pleasure.. you can go wordless every day if you want to.. I do know that it is supposed to be wordless and I do try.. but wordless is really hard for someone who loves to talk as much as I do!..
My photo for today I call "Shared Responsibility"...


Dave and I wanted to live in the woods.. after buying this place we set about trying to plant our own little patch of woods.. we soon realized that some of our pines were way to close to each other.. earlier this year I was amazed to spot this nest resting on limbs from two separate trees.. each young pine holding on tightly to it's half of the birds nest..

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%



#3- One Word Acrostic.. almost done now with the acrostic poem writing class I have been taking at Allpoetry.com I have learned many new and exciting things about writing these little poems with a hidden message.. I have thoroughly enjoyed this class. I have done very well with it to if I do say so for myself.. I love to learn new ways to write poetry.. for this assignment we had to write two poems with hidden messages.. by writing a sentence and then using each word as a starting word for a line we more or less explain our title sentence.. this poem actually fits me very well.. I only have one more assignment before graduating this class... won't you wish me well on my final exam poem??



I Try to Learn Daily!

I struggle to be invisible.
Try to understand my plan.
To others I appear dense..
Learn more about me to see..
Daily I am ignored as secrets are revealed..


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-26-2010

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Thanks to everyone who has visited with me on my blog tonight.. I hope you enjoyed you stay.. Have a wonderful Night!
Patsy




No comments: