Sunday, April 11, 2010

Enticed by a Gaze...

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." ~Steven Wright

"Justice is not to be taken by storm. She is to be wooed by slow advances."
Benjamin Cardozo

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." ~James A. Baldwin


##########################################


Weekend Wordsmith is a blogspot for would-be writers to pick up the Prompt of the Week as a challenge to write-write-write! This weeks word is Gaze.. I was reminded of the apparent secret language that my parents shared by exchanging just a look.. I often thought that they must have shared one mind and always thought alike.. sometimes Mama would look at Daddy and he would smile and be off to the store.. returning a few minutes later with a Tab and a sweet cake for everyone.. or maybe a pack of crackers... I tried to follow their gazes.. I never saw either of them look at a drink bottle or an empty Cinnamon roll package.. I wonder if he ever brought back a bag of chips when she sent for candy bars?


Many things can be read in a simple gaze.. I am told that I often give people the evil eye.. I have recently seen that wicked look in some photo's of me.. I was frightened of my gaze and will try not to aim it at anyone I like ever again
. Why am I looking so mean? Even I don't know who I was looking at..
and Now on to my poetic offering for the word Gaze....


~ Enticed ~

deep within her gaze
silent invitations lie~
helplessly I rise


written By: Patricia Sawyer
4-11-2010


########################################

I would also like to congratulate one of my fellow bloggers for having her picture of a rooster.. (one of my favorite animals!) chosen as a featured photo on Friday My town Shootout!
Please visit My wonderful friend HERE for more of her fantastic work.. Have a great day!
Patsy

No comments: