Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am well Aware that it is Thursday!

"A man who lies to himself, and believes his own lies, becomes unable to recognize truth, either in himself or in anyone else, and he ends up losing respect for himself and for others."

"Beauty is a terrible and awful thing! It is terrible because it has not been fathomed, for God sets us nothing but riddles. Here the boundaries meet and all contradictions exist side by side."

"It's the great mystery of human life that old grief passes gradually into quiet tender joy."
All by~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1~] a Lensday C
hallenge of books....

Books and Books...

old and new books.. everywhere you look.. books and books!

and more and more Books.. did I mention that I love to read?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2~] a poem from the Three Word Wednesday Words!

Lonely Heart

her heart hankering for love

one errant tear drop glistens
a beckoning badge of innocence
to the hungry scourge that waits
her crimson smile quickly devoured

as her rare innocence drowns
in the raging murky waters
of the singles bar scene


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-12-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3~] Sepia Scenes

crosses decorated with dog tags represent
the local men and women who's lives were lost

a visit from the moving wall.. so many names!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am well aware that today is Thursday.. I have stuck with my usual routine and shared three things with you today.. I know that these would have been better shared on yesterday..lets just say that yesterday was a drippy.. dreary.. dilly of a day.. I hope you will enjoy them even though they may be a day late and a dollar short.. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Patsy

PS: (can I PS on my blog?) if you have nothing else to do you can join me right now and sing DAVE a Happy Birthday song! You know you want too.. It will make you smile!!.. Happy Birthday Dave!



10 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Excellent posts! Happy birthday, Dave!

Blessing Reflections said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Jeri ~ said...

Beautiful post - beautiful tribute to our veterans! Dave, did you hear me singing??? Happy Birthday to you....

len said...

hello. thank you so much for the award.

Sunshine said...

I absolutely love the Lonely Heart poem. It is truly one of your best!

I am singing to Dave a birthday song right now...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!

We are so blessed to have so many men and women out there willing to give their lives for our country and our freedom.

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

lovely poem for 3WW.

anemonen said...

Nice tribune it is.

swapna said...

Dear Patsy,

Lonely Heart was just perfect a verse in description. Crimson smile paints a vivid picture at the scene.

Belated BDay wishes to Dave.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I contemplate the collection should prepare more info then it has.