Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mumbling.. Mutterings..and Words

"Perhaps no person can be a poet, or even enjoy poetry, without a certain unsoundness of mind."
~ Thomas Babington Macaulay

"My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it."
~ Ursula K. Le Guin


"If you turn the imagination loose like a hunting dog, it will often return with the bird in its mouth."

~William Maxwell


I have mumbled and sputtered this day away.. I told Dave I was doing nothing but write while he worked today... what a notion.. where
did I get such an idea.. First we had some people come up who said they were looking for the Crew family.. I sent them on down to the end of the road.. a few minutes later they were back and said that the crew family who lives at the end of the road was the wrong family of crews.. (not their real name of course..) So I said I didn't know any other crews.. then I spent the next hour watching for them because something about them raised my hackles.. I saw them drive slowly up and down my dirt road three more times.. finally pulling into the yard of the neighbor behind me.. he drove up on his lawn mower and I could see he was talking to them.. shaking his head.. shortly after that they drove off.. never to return.. we only have one crew family on our street.. maybe it sounded more like the truth from a man on a lawnmower .. then the phone rang and rang some more... then Thoi wanting eggs.. by then I was out of sor ts.. see I'm Mumbling ag ain!!


Unconscious Mutterings

Week 352

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Redskins :: potatoes or Indians? aren't they a football team? I guess I won't be having those fried then..
  2. Show ::.. show me yours and I'll show you mine.. let's get this show on the road.. he was a no show.. show me how.. show up at least.. I might show out!!
  3. Smoker :: Yep that used to be me.. outside by the butte can with the crowd of others.. I give it up though.. two years smoke free..
  4. Bad movie ::I don't know.. I don't watch enough movies to know which are bad.. I'll say Another Teen Movie.. I hated those crazy things
  5. Play :: Play the piano.. let's play a game.. don't play me for a fool.. Play it again Sam..
  6. Jaguar :: that's a fast cat.. or a fast car.. both can kill..
  7. Click :: click.. click ..click.. the remote or the computer..or.. the nearly forgotten sound of cardboard squares stuck in my bike wheels with Mama's clothespins..
  8. Production :: you are slowing up production over here..
  9. Sand :: sand in my shoes.. sand in your pants.. the sands of time.. let's build a sand castle..
  10. Foreign :: foreign film festival.. foreign languages.. foreign countries.. foreign a music group? oh no that was Foreigner... a band.. they sang "I wanna know what love is".. great song..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WORDS-- One Word still holds my interest.. Please try it if you haven't yet..


CRANE~ 10-24-2009~ there was a story of a sick child and if they made a gazillion paper cranes the child would be cured..OK!.. maybe not a gazillion.. but a whole lot of paper cranes.. the night before his surgery...(ten years ago now!) Cooper made a hundred tiny paper cranes.. staying up all night to fold squares of colored paper into tiny paper birds.. His cancer was benign..I still have one of his cranes here...

Dave climbs the big yellow crane on his job sometimes..from the top you can see for miles and miles..


INTUITION~ 10-25-2009~ my intuition tells me not to trust you.. should I listen to it? It's much smarter than I am.. it has been right many times.. I almost want to trust you.. but my intuition has been around a long.. ..long time ..maybe you should just move on....I trust my intuition.. it never fails me.. nor lies to me....Sorry Bub..I hear you saying "Trust me" with a very convincing smile.... But I have to trust my own gut!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and a final mumble.... I didn't manage to do many of the things I intended to today.. I still have to write a poem for my poetry club meeting tomorrow night.. I need to write another one for a class I am taking on-line too.. plus there is supper to cook and other things... like laundry and dishes ... the list goes on and on.. maybe I'll pretend I forgot... forgot the list.. forgot to cook.. forgot we needed clean clothes.. just plain forgot.. Have a great night!
Patsy

No comments: