Saturday, September 12, 2009

Early Saturday Morning!

Write without pay until somebody offers to pay” ~ Mark Twain


“Writing is thinking on paper.” ~ William Zinsser


"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things." ~ Bobby Knight



Good Morning friends.. I won't hold you here long.. just a quick hello and a post for Weekend Wordsmith.. I had a hard time thinking of a way to write about Pallid.. I know what it means.. pale and washed out.. wan.. like the face of a very sick person.. or maybe a frightened child.. sometimes it isn't enough to know what a word means.. sometimes you have to know what it feels like too.. I know someone out there is scratching his or her head and saying.. "well there she goes with that crazy talk again.." But I have felt shaken and weak.. pale many times after a fright or after a nightmare.. Let me know what you think of my offering for the weekend wordsmith word Pallid.. ( it is acrostic as well.. Pallid spelled down the left side!)
Have a great day!
Patsy


A Nightmare

pale moon rises in vermilion skies
ashes and screams erupt from the pyre
lusterless eyes beseech me to join their throng
lifeless hands stretch forth from the fire
imploring me to cast off my innocence
daylight rips me from the delusion ~ pallid and afraid

written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-12-2009

6 comments:

Unknown said...

very descriptive! can you believe it, i love it! hehehe

hugz!

Pblacksaw said...

Pj~ thanks I kinda love it myself!
Patsy

Jackie said...

Patsy, I really like this one too!! I think you viewing the challenge as harder almost forced you into a different style of writing.

Not to say that I don;t enjoy your other works, but, I do like the continuity in this one. It is very descriptive. It caused me to visualize the ashen hands and the fire.

This is one of my very faves you have ever done.

Oh yes my goodness whoever wrote you about your blog must really love mine...LOL!!!

Have a great afternoon Patsy!!

Hugz,
Jackie

Pblacksaw said...

Jackie~ I do write dark and sometimes it even shocks me.. I took a class in it just for kicks not knowing I would turn out to be pretty good at it.. The teacher said I was one of the best to come through the class.. I seemed to have a knack for it.. maybe inside I'm a dark and dangerous person? Ya think? Nah I'm still me!! Lol.. thanks for stopping by ! have a great day!
Patsy

Anonymous said...

I think we all have a little bit of dark side sometimes. You always paint a picture in my head and it is so clear...
~loves2ride

Pblacksaw said...

loves2ride~ thank you.. I agree that every person has a bit of a dark side.... I try to keep all 20 or 30 my sides in balance! ;~}