Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday Weirdness!





"If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad." ~ Lord Byron

"A woman can laugh and cry in three seconds and it's not weird. But if a man does it, it's very disturbing. The way I'd describe it is like this: I have been allowed inside the house of womanhood, but I feel that they wouldn't let me in any of the interesting rooms." ~ Rob Schneider

" Everyone has a childhood, everyone had awkward years and weird stages. Mine were broadcast for eight years." ~ Tina Yothers


First of all let me say that I apologize for not posting this week. I have sat down with good intentions every night... I have had a story or poem on my mind every night.... and every night something has happened or someone has called or come by and I have gotten up and left this blog with all my good intentions forgotten and neglected. Daddy used to say that the road to hell was paved with good intentions.. I don't plan on knowing that since I plan to take the other road.. But just in case I'll try to do better with my intentions from now on.

And now I'll move on to the questions!!!!

1:) What's a weapon that you feel suits your personality? ~ Wow! do weapons have a personality? Actually it's a known fact that I almost always have a knife if not on my person then it's in my purse. I carry a pocket knife that Daddy gave me. I also have another one that is a bit bigger that I like to carry in my pocket sometimes.. You know; just in case I was to need to cut something.. ( or someone!) I also have a double dagger that I could wear on my ankle. It's beautiful with Jade handles. It was a gift to me from a friend who knows I love knives. In My kitchen I have my own knife. I don't like for others to touch it. It's just an old knife.. I keep it sharp. It can cut deeply or give you a smooth Shave! I don't like guns.. I will admit that a stick makes a great weapon.. and I am on the look out for a long staff like My Grandma and Uncle Neal both carried.. I asked Grandma once why she carried a stick and she said..."Child there ain't no telling what you might run up on out there in the woods.. Might have to kill a snake or beat off a wild dog.. Might stumble across a hobo!" Grandma carried a knife too.. it was in her apron pocket. Yea I'll choose a knife to match my personality.. we're both sharp! Y'all can help me keep an eye out for a staff too.. I love the woods and ain't no telling what I might run up on while I'm poking around out there!

2.) Are there any conspiracy theories that you believe could be true? ~Almost Everyone enjoys hearing about a good conspiracy theory. There are so many new ones every day that it appears that a good many people enjoy coming up with new ones. You can spend an enormous amount of time reading about theories on the wonderful world wide web, and just as much time wondering if there is any truth to them. Some of the most well known ones are about movie stars and famous people. Princess Di is said to have been killed by the Royal Family and in some stories, her death ordered by the Queen herself.. I think Her death was a sad end to a pitiful Fairy tale gone all wrong... Enough people believed in the theories though that they have taken a second and third look into everything to do with her death. ~ Most conspiracy theories blame the government or the military with something. A lot of them claim a person is still alive who was supposed to be dead or in a few cases a person is dead who we all think is still alive. There are a few though that I have often thought might have just enough of something to make me believe in them.

~ The Roswell crash cover-up~ Do I think that the Government hid or captured aliens? I'm not sure they had one alive. I do think that if there was a crash they would cover it up. They would have to cover it up to prevent Mass panic and Chaos. People would go nuts... I have seen things in the night sky that have never been explained to me.... yes, I know they could have been the neighbors kid flying a kite with a glow stick tied to the tail... I think that maybe out there somewhere?? ... I think that there are many things in this great big universe that we don't know about yet..

~ John F. Kennedy~ The assassination of John F. Kennedy, the thirty-fifth President of the United States, took place on Friday, November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas, at 12:30 p.m. He was fatally wounded by gunshots to the head, while riding with his wife Jacqueline in a presidential motorcade. The official investigation by the Warren Commission was conducted over a ten-month period. The Commission concluded that the assassination was carried out solely by Lee Harvey Oswald. A number of conspiracy theories exist with regard to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Theories began to be generated soon after his death, and new ones continue to be proposed even today. Many of these theories propose a criminal conspiracy involving parties such as the Federal Reserve, the CIA, the KGB, the Mafia, Federal Bureau of Investigation director J. Edgar Hoover, Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon, Fidel Castro, George H. W. Bush, Cuban exile groups opposed to the Castro government and the military and/or government interests of the United States. Do I think I know why he was killed or by what group? NO way; but neither do I think that this elaborate plan was conceived and carried out by one man.

~ The Elvis was alive theory~ I can see and believe how a man with that much fame might want to fake his own death. On the other hand I can't see him living a quiet and simple life without ever being seen again. Of course there were so called sightings of him for years. I don't really have a good reason but I always thought he was still alive for a few years after they said he was dead. I think he is dead by now though.. I know~ I'm Crazy!!!

3:) How often do you try new things in bed? ~ well just the other night I tried some sprite with a twist of moonshine and some newfangled potato chips/cracker type things. I liked the shine pretty good but I gave those crackers to the chickens. We have been trying that new converter box while we are in bed too.. Dave likes it pretty good but since I don't really watch TV it doesn't make much difference to me. My friend gave me a spot warmer.. It goes under the sheets and warms just one side of the bed.. That works for us since I like to sleep in a warm spot but Dave doesn't.. I tried a new gown one night but it was just like all my other gowns..... whoa! wait a minute! I think this question might have been about sex... Do Y'all reckon people really put things about their sex life on the Internet? I can't answer any sex questions.. I promised my Mama and my kids I wouldn't.. But just be sure I do try new things in bed.. I have tried reading and writing and yes, even drinking moonshine! In fact we try new things pretty regularly..

OK there ya go.. There are my answers to three questions for this weeks Wednesday Weirdness.
I plan to do a better job with getting down to the writing side of blogging.. Maybe I'll put the phone out in the chicken yard!? I still have to tell y'all all the wonderful tales from my new job.. and all the great things about my newest chickens and quail. I will be seeing you soon with more words of wisdom! Why don't you try to be a little bit weird sometimes.. do something out of the ordinary for yourself... Take a new route to work.. eat breakfast for supper.. It can brighten a dull day! Have a great day!
Patsy

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

First of all Patsy, I was considering sending out a search party for you since you have been gone so long! Really not sure how I was gonna do that, but I was missing you. Thanks for the laugh this morning! So glad you are back.

I'm not sure about all that Elvis stuff, I think we can go to Vegas and see plenty of people who claim to be him. I think you can even get married by one! :)

Always enjoy the stories! Tell us about that job and those chickens! And by the way, Thanks for keeping your blog rated PG...You are so funny!!

Margaret said...

Patsy -- you aren't weird, hon. You're unique -- and you have gifts that others only dream about. Keep on with the blogging -- you're getting good!

Pblacksaw said...

Sunshine~ I'm not hard to find.. I am being held hostage in the laundry room!! I think Dave is wearing twice the clothes he was before I started getting paid to do laundry! Do you think he might give me a raise? As for Elvis.. we have two that live here.. one a man and one a Woman that lives as a man. They are so NOT Elvis!




Margaret~ Ahh..... Margaret! I wanted to be weird.. But WOW unique works for me just as well! Thanks!


I hope all who read here have a great day!
Patsy