Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Gift of Words.

"oh my! you are just incredibly talented! you got me there, i was hooked by your post and i got to read it. ^^ Now try this, i wish to see what will be the result.." ~ webloglearner
http://www.blogger.com/profile/12022359549820472945


"A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket." ~Charles Peguy

"A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the other one." ~Baltasar Gracián


I Love a gift of words. Yesterday I did a post on writing from word lists. I was tickled pink this morning to find a list of words left for me in the comments section. I sat down right then and wrote the poem I am sharing with you today. This is a spooky time of year when witches and spells are everywhere. Please enjoy being a part of a witches dream! I also visited the blog of webloglearner and invite you to visit it as well. A link is above, Just below the first quote of today. Thanks again for the list! Today enjoy the spirit of being scared. Say Boo! to someone you love. Laugh together and be glad for the chance to calm each others real fears. Talk with someone you trust about the things that really frighten you. And stay away from the twisting twirling Grape vines! Have a wonderful day.
Patsy



The Witches Dream

The Grapes hung in violet clusters
upon the twisted vine.
I should have been in bed.
Sleep covering me
like a warm blanket.
A ring of sugar plums
my only dream.
But No, I had seen
the Poster advertising grapes.
I had promised myself
only to steal what I could eat.
Never to be caught.
No evidence you see
except for a full belly.
No evidence, no crime!
I would do no time!
But Oh what a wicked game.
How those vines twisted,
twirling around my feet.
Holding me tight and still
No matter how I kicked.
My cry from the amethyst orchard unheard.
She came then carrying her Brass
cauldron as if it weighted naught.
A black cat hurrying along beside
with secret spices in a special black sack.
It was plain that I was the ingredient
and the witch was about To Cook.
She gathered things from secret spots
she looked into a book. She turned
and looked into my eyes.
My body shook and shook
and then a crash from by my bed
as I jumped up on the floor.
Feet cold, heart racing, a cold sweat.
Knowing it only a nightmare,
I patted my Purple cluster filled tummy
and crawled right back into the witches dream.

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
10-23-2008

with a word lists of- grapes, feet, book, cry, kick, sleep,eat, ring , blanket, poster
provided by webloglearner.

7 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Awesome, love the way you put those words together.

Sunshine said...

Good job! Can't wait for the next one!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting and very creative how you come up with a list of words and in-turn come up with a poem using those words. "Kudos be unto you" as my English teacher says.

Big Time said...

My sweet sister, here is a list for you.

hands
attendance
four
love
monkey
always
girls
prize
dream
silly putty

I can't wait.

Quilts and Heirlooms Team said...

wonderful poem!

Pblacksaw said...

Bob~ thanks feel free to send a list..

Sunshine~ Thanks. I wrote a lot from words.

Shawnd~ Thanks for stopping by.. I get the lists from readers who think to stump me.. One fellow sent me words from his 4th year college chemistry class. I wil not be writing from those.. LOL..

Big time~ Thanks little brother. Read today's blog for sure! I love you.

Thanks to all who visit. Feel free to send me a list of words.
Have a great day!
Patsy

Pblacksaw said...

Quilts and heirlooms team~ Thanks for the kind words.. I have done many poems on quilting and quilts. My wonderful Mom is a quilter!
Patsy